Monday, September 5, 2011

Forks Over Knives: The Plant-Based Way to Health by Gene Stone, Dr. T. Colin Campbell, Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn Jr.

Forks Over Knives: The Plant-Based Way to Health


I'm holding off on rating this book until I try some recipes.

This book advocates a plant-based diet and supplements the documentary by the same name (which I have not seen). From glancing over the recipes I have to say that they look promising for those interested in trying some vegan recipes in that they call for wholesome, real food and contain unprocessed and minimally-processed ingredients. Thankfully, there are no calls for 1/2 cup vegan cheese, 1 slice fake soy meat, tvp, etc. It should be noted that they consider olive oil a highly-processed food and don't call for it in most recipes, whereas I always make liberal use of olive oil in my cooking so it'll be interesting when I start giving a few of these a try





READ MORE OPINIONS HERE




 

No comments:

Post a Comment